Sunday, August 5, 2012

I am not the only one......

A few weekends ago I went to the Graduate School of Education's Research student orientation day. It was a great morning. Firstly it was interesting to see all these people who are wanting to research education. Secondly, I am not the only nutbag out there who is trying to do it all! And the food......the food was amazing, God love Melbourne University you always know how to put on a spread! After coming home all excited about my research and that there were other mum's out there trying to achieve it all. I joined a facebook support group for women who are doing Ph.Ds and Ed.Ds. What an inspiring group. There are women who have worked full time, studied full time and raised three children and handed in their dissertation. Made me realise that I may just be able to pull this off - let's hope so. I must say though work is getting in the way at the moment. Term 3 is never a good time to start a course as it is notorious for being a totally manic term. It is week 4 and I already have a foot high pile of marking...deep breaths. Thinking that now is the time to find some zen..........might have to take up yoga or meditation. A friend at work came up to me this morning and said that I needed to take care of myself...I burst into tears...ok it might be time to put myself first for a bit......manicure this afternoon, me thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment