Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The OMG what have I done is starting to sink in....

I am at my next stage of my journey...WTF am I doing?????  I had lunch with a friend of mine today. I was her mentor many moons ago when we worked at a eastern suburban private school - which shall remain nameless. I am very proud of my protege, she is embarking on her second Masters degree...as someone with three I am a firm believer that Master degrees are like black shoes - one can never have too many! Anyway I digress.....She asked me today "Are you mad?" I think the answer is yes! I am starting to think what have I done? I can't do this.....I am a mum, wife, owner of a 7 month old labrador and a high school teacher - who has no time now...when am I going to squeeze this in...between 2 and 3am?????? But I also think it is stemming from the fact that I cannot get onto anyone at my university......seriously people I only have two days left of school holidays. I have been trying to arrange a meeting since our first meeting (in the first week of my school holidays - my school had three weeks) was cancelled due to both my supervisors being ill-  has anything been achieved since then? ...No! Maybe I am over reacting? me over reacting, never! But I feel that the time  I can give this course is limited and precious and I can't afford to waste time that is available to me especially in school holidays.  Anyway my anxiety levels are a tad high today - lucky I have stocked up on red wine.

To all my teacher buddies, enjoy the last two days. These holidays are the calm before the Year 12 storm.... I keep telling myself you will get through Unit 4 in 10 weeks, you will get through!  I know that between now and when the kids rock up on Tuesday I have two sets of SACs to mark, Unit 3 results to finalise and submit, write the Year 11 Biology unit plan (because if I don't it won't get done - I am starting to think I am too generous to some people!!!) as well as two middle school science units to write and prep for - nothing like leaving it all to the last minute!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment